Compare Umbrella Companies take all data protection obligations incredibly seriously. We will process your
information in a fair and lawful manner, primarily for the purpose of providing you with the service
you select from ourselves. This Privacy Notice outlines the way in which we collect, process and
share your information and how long we retain the information
What information do we collect?
We will collect personal data from yourself including Name, Contact Number, email
address, rate of pay, employment contact details. Hours worked. IP address, browser type, and
version, location, and time zone setting, data will include your preferences in receiving marketing
from us and any third parties and your communication preference.
Where will we get the data from?
We will receive personal data from:
– Yourself when you apply for our services, request marketing to be sent out to you or give us
– Introducers, when they suggest to us, with your permission, that you may require the use of
– From our website, when you fill out an application or visit our website and consent to
– From our suppliers, when they suggest to us, with your permission, that you may require the
use of our services
– Publicly available sources, analytics providers, advertising networks or search information
providers, Companies house, electoral register, Land registry, etc.
What do we use your data for?
We will use your data for:
– Providing you with our services, this is consented by yourself and then we have a contractual
obligation, when you have confirmed your selection of product through the use of our
services you give consent for us to transfer your details to the business responsible for the
product and for them to process your application. The data will only be passed on for this
process to start once you have given lawful consent to CUC to do so.
– Fraud prevention, we have both legitimate interests to process this information and legal
– Marketing, we have legitimate interests for this use of your data
– Market research, we have contractual obligations and legitimate interests for this use of
– To process payments under your contract to introducers, we have legitimate interests and
the contractual obligation for the use of data in this manner.
We may also use aggregated data for any purpose, this may come from your personal data but it is
not considered personal data as this does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity.
We will only use your data for the purposes for which we collected it unless we reasonably consider
that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If
we would like to use your data for a purpose that is unrelated we will notify you and will explain to
you the legal basis that will allow us to use your data in that way.
We will only keep your data as long as we need it for our contractual obligations, legal and
regulatory requirements. We will determine the length of time we can keep your data, we will
consider the potential risk from unauthorised use or disclosure of the data, the purposes that we
process your data, and if we can achieve the same results by way of other means.
We may anonymise your information, meaning we can keep it and use it as long as we like as it can
no longer be associated with yourself.
Transfer of data
We use third-party suppliers to process limited personal data. None are currently located outside of
the EEA, however, if this were necessary we will ensure adequate data protection policies in order to
ensure data is kept securely and inform you of this transfer. When you have been transferred to a
the third party in order to process your application you should note that the third party will have a
separate privacy notice that can be viewed on their website, CUC is not responsible for the privacy
policies of the third party, although CUC will have ensured GDPR compliance as part of our
continuous commitment to the protection of your data.
– The right to be informed- when we collect data we will need to tell you what we are going to
do with it primarily through this privacy notice.
– The right of access – You have a right to contact us in writing to request the information that
we hold about you
– Right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify any information that we hold if
it is inaccurate or incomplete
– Right to Erasure – You have the right to contact us to ask for your information to be
deleted (providing that this is viable due to any legal restrictions)
– Right to restrict processing – This right allows you to tell us to stop processing your data, but
allowing us to keep hold of your information
– Right to data portability – you have the right to ask to transfer information to another
business (is switching banks or utility companies.
– Right to object – to the processing of your data for marketing purposes and profiling for
marketing purposes. You also have the right to ask us to cease processing based on our
legitimate interests, where there is no overriding justification for the processing of your
data. Our interests do not override your freedoms and rights
– Rights to withdraw consent- you have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of
your information at any time and we must provide you with the information you need to do
so, at the time we collect your data and each time we contact you. You can withdraw
consent by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or calling: 03333 444 175
– Right to complain – if we cannot deal with your complaint to your satisfaction you can
complain to the relevant authority :
The Information Commissioners office
Compare Umbrella Companies have ensured appropriate security measures are in place to prevent your
personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed, altered or disclosed in any
unauthorised way. We have procedures in place to limit and breaches and we shall inform you and
the relevant regulatory bodies directly upon any data breach.
would recommend to a colleague.
received a better service.
was better than any other provider.
average tax savings.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask us.
We ensure we will provide you with the best of services at all times.
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on linkedin The path towards the implementation of changes to the off-payroll working rules